Clinical Department informs all current and transfer students that the fall semester of clinical rotations starts on September 20th and the USMLE review course (5th semester) is scheduled to begin on September 27th in Chicago.
The Clinical Rotation Handbook provides detailed information about the program. Each student will also receive short and long term housing information for medical students.
Students should expect to be treated as professionals by all clinical personnel in the hospital environment and students must in turn act professionally, ethically, and respectfully towards all clinic and hospital personnel they come in contact with. Courtesy and a professional demeanor are essential traits for a medical student.
The Orientation will be held on:
Monday, September 27th at 3pm
5600 N River Road Suite 800,
Chicago, IL 60018.
We recommend you look for housing in the O’Hara Airport area. One location which we recommend is Pavilion Apartments 5441 North East River Road, Chicago, IL 60656 Phone: 773-693-5400 .
Students may also use apartments.com to search for suitable accommodations
The listing of apartments has been provided as a resource for students looking for nearby housing. The university does not have any affiliation with the listed apartments and has provided this list merely as a convenience to assist students. There are other housing options within close vicinity as well.
The 5th semester will include:
- Licensing Board Exam Review: Our faculty is specialized to assess students needs in an effort to create an individual educational plan designed for success when completing the USMLE Step One Exam.
- Physical Diagnosis & Clinical Introduction: – Feel the confidence by learning the proper physical diagnosis techniques prior to arriving on your first Clinical Medicine Clerkship assignment.
- Cardiovascular, Pulmonary and Hematology Review Course
- Neural and Musculoskeletal Sciences Review Course
- Renal and Gastroenterology Review Course
- Endocrinology and Reproductive Biology Review Course
- Hematology, Immunology, and Microbiology Review Course
- Case Based Study Groups
- 7 week LivePrep Kaplan Review Program
- Shelf Exam Test Question Practice
Caribbean Medical University reserves the right to make changes at any time in educational policies, scheduling, rotation sites, evaluation procedures, or any other aspects of the clinical training program when it is felt necessary to maintain educational requirements, standards, and quality of the program.
Every effort will be made to ensure that students are notified in a timely manner when changes are implemented and new or revised policies are instituted. Any conflicts regarding the application or interpretation of the policies will be resolved by the Clinical Science Coordinator.
Any questions or concerns should be forwarded to the Clinical Rotation Department at 888 877 4268 ext 3 or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) .