Student Orientation will be held on January 9th
Faculty members along with the school's administration will welcome new students and provide on-site assistance after the first few days in Curacao. Orientation is scheduled for January 9th at 9.00 am.
The one day of orientation will challenge and encourage you to find out more about yourself, meet new people, as well as explore the campus and surrounding area.
Your participation at new student orientation means that you are indeed serious about your education and meeting some very important goals in your life. At CMU, we are committed to supporting your dreams and career goals.
The information provided in this orientation is intended to highlight some useful information. There is however, much more information which you need to know and strongly encourage you to become familiar with the university catalog and the semester class schedule. These two documents will provide you information necessary to guide you in becoming a better informed student, understanding the CMU's program offerings, available support services, academic policies and expected students conduct.
Our goal is to provide you the best written information to enable you to make informed and factual decisions. However, we welcome any questions you may have. Please feel confident in seeking clarification from University administration when you are not clear of the programs and rules. We appreciate the opportunity to serve your educational needs and wish you the best success at Caribbean Medical University.
Schedule of Events for Freshman Orientation. All events are subject to change without notice.
- 9:00am - 10:00am Check-in at the campus
- 10:00am - 12:00pm General Orientation (Faculty and Staff introduction, Class Schedules, Class Locations, Instructions for Immigration and Student ID’s, Holidays, ½ Days, General School Policies, Dorm/Bus Schedules, Curacao General Info, SGA Welcome, Welcome Party and White Coat Ceremony Information, AMSA Info and sign up
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm Lunch Break (Pizza Buffet Lunch provided by CMU)
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm Medical School Study Seminar (Dr. Jackson)
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm Bus Tour (Downtown, various Island Highlights, Supermarkets, Shopping Centers)
- 4:00 pm Personal Time
- 6:00 pm Evening Activities
Date posted: December 8th, 2011