At Caribbean Medical University, our team of admission advisors is available to assist you and respond to any concerns quickly and efficiently. Please feel free to contact our knowledgeable and friendly admissions advisors at:
Caribbean Medical University
Attn. Office of Admission
5600 N River Road Suite 800
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Toll Free: (888) 877 4268
Fax: (302) 397 2092
There is no deadline to apply to CMU due to its rolling admissions, however prospective students should plan on completing their application 1-3 months prior to the semester they are seeking. Semesters start in the second week of January, May and September.
To apply for admission to Caribbean Medical University, prospective students must submit the following items:
- A completed application form available online or in a PDF format.
- A non-refundable application fee of U.S. $75 payable to Caribbean Medical University.
- Two passport size color photographs (2" x 2"). If you are using the print format, please affix the photo to the application form. If you are using online application, you can upload the photograph at MYCMU.
- Official transcript(s) are to be sent in an official sealed envelope directly from the college or university to the Office of Admission, not to the campus. Notarized copies of original transcripts from non-U.S. schools may be submitted when official transcripts are not readily available. However, official transcripts must follow the notarized copies prior to review by the Admissions Committee.
Academic transcripts from non-U.S./ Canadian Schools: (Not applicable to transfer students from other Caribbean medical schools). Students from non-U.S./ Canadian schools must request a course-by-course and GPA evaluation (and translation if applicable) of their official school transcripts, and they can contact: Education Credential Evaluators (ECE): https://www.ece.org, or World Education Services (WES): http://www.wes.org, or any company listed with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), http://www.naces.org. High/ Secondary school transcripts: General evaluation + GPA. Only evaluated transcripts will be accepted.
- Two official Letters of Recommendation (LOR). The letter must be on the LOR form or an official letterhead stationary. At least one LOR must be from a college professor unless the applicant is in the workforce and has no recent academic history. You may have letters sent on your behalf from employers, medical colleagues and other advisors. All letters must be sent directly to the Admissions Office by mail or submitted online at MYCMU.
- Either a resume or a personal essay along with comments regarding your medical career expectation typed on a letter-sized page (8½ x 11). The essay can be also uploaded at MYCMU. In concise terms, summarize the development of your interest in medicine, your goals in pursuing a medical career, and your personal attributes that qualify you to be a physician. Please limit your personal essay to 750 words.
- MCAT scores are optional for admission to CMU. However if available, the applicants should send the score report CMU's Office of Admission and we will verify the score using the unique code on the report. Applicants without MCAT should have strong letters of recommendation and satisfy the Admissions Committee that they possess strong motivation to study medicine.
- TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) scores if the applicant's native language is not English. CMU's TOEFL code is 4895.
Please Note: All documents forwarded to the Admission Office become a property of Caribbean Medical University.
Within a month of the acceptance notification, enrolled students should submit an acknowledgment of admission form along with a $ 1,000 (one thousand) non-refundable seat deposit in order to reserve a seat in the class. The amount will be credited to the first semester tuition. Upon full tuition payment, the student will receive a WELCOME PACKET (Orientation Guide) containing pertinent information on how to settle down on Curacao and how to prepare for the classes.
Feel free to contact CMU's Office of Admission at (888) 877 4268 for any questions.